When selling a property in Portugal most of the work is done by the lawyers of the buyer, it’s not mandatory for you to have a lawyer when selling however it is advisable.
The first part is listing your property with a selling agent, you will need to make sure all your documents are up to date and that any alterations that have been made are registered with the municipality.
The documents PortugalHomes.com requires to list your property are as follows;
- Certidao De Registo Predial (Land Registry Certificate)
- Certidao Das Financas or Canderneta Predial (Tax Card/Certificate)
- Licenca De Utilizacao or Declaration if prior to 1951 (Habitation Licence)
- Certificado Energetico – Compulsory for all properties for sale since 2013 (Energy Certificate)
- ID’s and Fiscal Numbers of Proprietors (passport or ID card and Portuguese Tax number)
- Ficha Tecnica for all properties built after 2004
Along with these documents our agent will take pictures and write a description for your property and enter it on to our website, then you can sit back, relax and leave the rest to us.
If you have a property you would like to sell with PortugalHomes.com please fill out the form below and one of our agents will contact you shortly.